The US8 card provides an interface to eight SRF04 ultrasonic distance sensors. Sensors can be enabled indidividually and readings from enabled sensors take 60 milliseconds each. Each reading is the time for an echo to arrive in units of 10 microseconds. Distance readings are accurate to about one-tneth of an inch.
- Eight indipendent SRF04 channels
- Echo timed to 10 microsecond accuracy
- User space Linux device driver (part of dpserver)
- Uses the ESPI 7474 circuit for reliable operation
- Requires one slot on a Baseboard FPGA card
Hardware:The schematic and layout of the US8 are shown below. The Eagle schematic and board files for the card are available here: us8.sch and us8.brd. The bill-of-materials is available here: us8.txt.