The US8 card provides an interface to eight SRF04 ultrasonic distance sensors. Sensors can be enabled individually and readings from enabled sensors take 60 milliseconds each. Each reading is the time for an echo to arrive in units of 10 microseconds. Distance readings have a resolution of about one-tenth of an inch.
- Eight independent SRF04 channels
- Echo timed with 10 microsecond resolution
- User space Linux device driver (part of dpdaemon)
- Uses the ESPI 7474 circuit for reliable operation
- Requires one slot on a Baseboard FPGA card
Hardware:The schematic and layout of the US8 are shown below. The Eagle schematic and board files for the card are available here: us8.sch and us8.brd. The bill-of-materials is available here: us8.txt.