The SMR5 is a 5 Volt, 3 Ampere switching voltage regulator with very low ripple.
- 5 Volts at 3 Amps continuous (4 Amps peak)
- Ripple less than 5 mVolts at 3 Amps (typical)
- Efficiency of 90% at full load (typical)
- Vin from 7 to 20 Volts
- Reverse polarity protection
- Input from 5.5/2.1 mm barrel connector or screw terminals
- Output on two sets of screw terminals
- Mounting holes for simple, secure mounting
The SMR5 card was designed with robotics and automation in mind. The SMR5 takes advantage of its larger size by adding output filtering which is not possible on cheaper regulator cards. Four mounting holes make it easy to securely mount the card to a chassis, and flexible input connections and multiple output connectors make it easy to use.
Power is crucial on battery powered robots and the SMR5's high efficiency makes it perfect for powering your robot's processor card and other electronics. The SMR5 is a great companion to our externally powered USB hub card.