The MEGA microcontroller card has a Microchip MEGA88PB AVR microprocessor with eighteen available IO pins. The AVR's SPI port is reserved for communication with the FPGA card and for programming the AVR.
- Eighteen available IO pins
- Crystal controlled oscillator
- 3.3 volt IO
- Jumper to enable writing program flash
- API to read and write the AVR program flash
- API to read and write EEPROM
- API to read and write AVR hardware registers
- API to read and write predefined RAM locations
The MEGA card is always paired with the avr peripheral.
The schematic and layout of the MEGA are shown below. The Eagle schematic and board files are available here: mega.sch and mega.brd. The bill-of-materials is available here: mega.txt.