The US8 card provides an interface to eight SRF04 ultrasonic distance sensors. Sensors are pinged in parallel and can be enabled individually. Time between pings can be from 10 to 150 milliseconds. Distance readings have a resolution of about one-hundredth of an inch.
- Eight independent SRF04 channels
- Echo timed with 2.1 microsecond resolution
- User space Linux device driver (part of pcdaemon)
- Uses the ESPI 7474 circuit for reliable operation
- Requires one slot on a Baseboard FPGA card
Hardware:The schematic and layout of the US8 are shown below. The Eagle schematic and board files for the card are available here: us8.sch and us8.brd. The bill-of-materials is available here: us8.txt.