The SMR5 is a 5 Volt, 3 Ampere switching voltage regulator with low ripple.
- 5 Volts at 3 Amps continuous (4 Amps peak)
- Ripple less than 5 mVolts at 3 Amps (typical)
- Efficiency of 90% at full load (typical)
- Vin from 7 to 20 Volts
- Reverse polarity protection
- Input from 5.5/2.1 mm barrel connector or screw terminals
- Output on two sets of screw terminals
- Mounting holes for simple, secure mounting
Four mounting holes make it easy to securely mount the card to a chassis, and flexible input connections and multiple output connectors make it easy to use.
The schematic and layout of the SMR5 are shown below. The Eagle schematic and board files are available here: smr5.sch and smr5.brd. The bill-of-materials is available here: smr5.txt.