The MEGA microcontroller card has a Microchip MEGA88PB AVR microprocessor with eighteen available IO pins. The AVR's SPI port is reserved for communication with the FPGA card and for programming the AVR.
- Eighteen available IO pins
- Crystal controlled oscillator
- 3.3 volt IO
- Jumper to enable writing program flash
- API to read and write the AVR program flash
- API to read and write EEPROM
- API to read and write AVR hardware registers
- API to read and write predefined RAM locations
The MEGA card is always paired with the avr peripheral.